The mean kitty song (video)

While I’ll admit to a bit of intentional irony with this post vis-a-vis the previous post about the difficulty of getting Web traffic when writing about “important” issues like the kidnapping of 300 schoolgirls in Nigeria, I also found this video funny in view of my recent experiences with my nephew’s demon-cat back in Chicago.

sasha-demon-cat

As was to be expected, demon-cat went full-evil on me as I was packing and getting ready for the airport.  I had to walk around with the water bottle for an entire hour before heading to the airport, as someone must have realized this was the last chance she’d get to draw blood.

I just don’t get cats.  I love animals.  And I truly like cats when they’re not drawing blood.  But I just get the impression these things need another 10,000 years of domestication before I revisit the topic on whether they’d make good pets.

Now don’t get me wrong. I’ve met nice cats.  Chris and Joelle’s cats in Paris are wonderful.  But damn if demon-cat isn’t just a psychotic little rhymes-with-witch.  And the hair.  And the scratching mom’s furniture. And then there’s the turbo-powered pee that you can’t ever wash out.  I’m just having a hard time fully appreciating the allure, is all.

Then, just a couple of hours before leaving for the airport, I’m in mom’s kitchen, and hear Sasha whining from the other room with her “dad, I need help” whine.  I walk in and find this.

demon-cat-vs-sasha

Demon-cat terrorizing Sasha in the hours before we leave for the airport.

Yes, KC, aka DC, has trapped Sasha yet again, this time on the couch.  This video shows a bit more:

So in honor of KC, who my nephew is very likely going to have to give away, as he can’t have her at his mom’s, where he’s staying the next few months, and my mom refuses to keep her much longer, I gave you “Mean Little Kitty,” the video:

NOTE FROM JOHN: Please share our content on social media, including Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Tumblr, Google+, Pinterest and beyond. As I explained the other day, when you share our stories, you help bring us visitors, which increases our ad revenue and helps to keep this site alive. Thanks for your help. JOHN

26 Responses to “The mean kitty song (video)”

1. Gidget Media says:

There are definitely good cats and bad cats. Oh dear.

2. ShaneEasterigg321 says:

until
    I saw the receipt for $4408 , I didnt believe …that…my friends brother woz
    like actualy bringing in money part-time from there labtop. . there brothers
    friend has done this 4 only seventeen months and just now repayed the morgage
    on there cottage and got a brand new Renault 5 . more tips here
    F­i­s­c­a­l­p­o­s­t­.­C­O­M­

3. Mike_in_Houston says:

I’m not denying your experience; it’s just I’ve never known a cat’s neutered status to have any effect on the smell of its pee. However, a half-mix and vinegar and water works wonders in getting the smell out. Straight vinegar of course works also; it’s just that that diluted mix is still good enough to work and saves money on vinegar.

4. I suspect the problem is I need 10,000 more years of domestication :)

5. erma652 says:

My Uncle Connor got Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG use
    this link C­a­s­h­D­u­t­i­e­s­.­ℂ­o­m

6. Ducktape says:

I use DustOff instead of a spray bottle. The cats hate it, and it doesn’t get things wet.

However, a few months ago, I came into my office and found the ends of the plastic straws in the DustOff cans all chewed shut.

7. Mike_in_the_Tundra says:

I get by with neither. My cat is very voice sensitive, which is unusual. She understands “no”, and “come here.” She does comply, but not always happily. I have used a squirt gun for other cats.

Declawing is mutilation. It is accomplished by chopping off the first segment of the cat’s toe.

8. frogview says:

ya, my vet said if I don’t declaw, I’ll need a spray bottle. It comes in handy when I’m trying to get him down from the brick fireplace (which he climbs vertically to the ceiling) or when he is wrapped around my leg for retaliation. Gotta luv em!

9. mirror says:

P.S. for cat owners. I had good results with Feliway as a cat calmer, but it’s expensive to keep it up.

10. mirror says:

From what I’ve read, cats can hardly be considered domesticated animals at all. Cats at the right age can just be dumped in the woods and have a chance of survival as their hard-wiring kicks in. Dogs? Can’t do that. Dogs are bred and evolved linked to humans. From the human point of view, cats had/have the beneficial attribute of keeping the mouse and rat population in check. There are other wild animals that can be raised to get along with humans, but they are either untrainable to a litter box OR they are too destructive in their general behavior, or both. Cats are almost all trainable to a litter box with essentially no effort and can’t destroy a whole room even if it wanted to, like chimpanzee could. Since they aren’t big enough to kill you by accident, in a moody outburst, cat cats don’t really need domestication other than basic habituation.

John, I think what many people like about cats, is exactly what you find disturbing. Their minds work so differently, compared to group animals like humans or dogs, that we just don’t “get” them. That is what I like about them. Of course, when we get a cat most of us, including experienced cat owners who should know better, are in denial about the odds of getting a difficult neurotic cat.

My theory though is that since they aren’t truly domesticated, many cats develop odd cat neuroses in response to the unnatural living conditions (living interdependent with humans) on top of just having a wider range of personalities than they are sometimes given credit for. For a certain number of cats, these neuroses lead to behaviors that don’t fit well with humans, or the particular living situation they are in. Also, from talking with a vet friend, some small odd thing, like seeing a particular strange cat out the window one night months before, can lead to obsessive behavior by a cat, that can be hard to break them of.

The key thing to understand is that most *responsible* people who get a cat in the United States, especially as a kitten, believe that caring for that animal is their responsibility, even if something goes odd in its behavior, and that to abandon it would be wrong. No one other than the extreme kind-hearted adopter intends to get a cat that pees around the house, or draws blood ambushing guests from atop the frig. But like I said, most of us are in denial about the odds of getting a
    difficult neurotic cat.

11. Harry81 says:

Poor kitty! Someone made her that way…could have been just rough play when she was a kitten, or something worse. Is she rescue?

12. perljammer says:

I doubt if another 10,000 years of “domestication” would make a lot of difference in cat behavior. They’ve been hanging around people for a long, long time — an archaeological dig on Cyprus uncovered a 9,300 year old grave wherein a cat was buried with a human, along with decorative artifacts. There have also been discoveries of Neolithic engravings and pottery depicting cats, around 10,000 years old. http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/04/0408_040408_oldestpetcat.html

13. HelenRainier says:

Oh, poor Sasha. John, she may need intensive therapy when you get back home. Your “Demon Cat” posts have kept me laughing — although I have experienced having a demon cat of my own. Also had one cat (a female calico) who totally intimidated my lab and my husky. I would have to literally stand the cat and the dogs before they would dare to walk past her. Totally cracked me up.

14. Mike says:

LoL what a song :D haha
    So funny XD

_______________________________
    Restaurant Games

15. Mike_in_the_Tundra says:

You need to have a talk with my little girl. She doesn’t know that. Fortunately, she always uses the litter box.

Actually, the problem is ammonia, and spaying and neutering have no effect on that.

16. Mike_in_the_Tundra says:

John, I can see a problem with one of your ideas. If cats had 10,000 more years of domestication, the present cat people might not want to be cat people anymore. We luxuriate in our pet’s wildness (and wickedness).

17. BeccaM says:

More likely one of the humans owned by cats. ;-)

18. 4th Turning says:

Thanks for shifting of gears. There’s a bunch of us that hope this lasts a good long time-at least till
    water is standing in the lobbies of those me-ami hotels. I’m thinking when funds run low-okay aren’t
    there, send out a cryptic $ 0 $ and we’ll flood a given post with g-rated moneyshots from cash cows
    elsewhere on the net. Here are a couple of unquestionable jackpots possibilities.

“When the sculpture was brought into the cemetery, the Parisian officials were offended by the angel’s nakedness and attempted to cover it with tarpaulin. They also covered the testicles with plaster as they considered its size unusual. Eventually, as compromise, a bronze plaque similar to the shape of butterfly was placed upon the testicles of the monument and it was unveiled in early August 1914. The tomb survived without further incident until 1961 when some vandals took off with the testicles.”

19. mrspeel2 says:

I’m not kidding. It’s worked for every cat I’ve ever owned, and I’ve owned well over 20 during my lifetime.

20. Naja pallida says:

In which universe? I’ll send you a couple jugs if you want to test out that theory.

21. mrspeel2 says:

Cats who are spayed/neutered don’t have smelly urine.

22. I was trying to avoid the spray bottle at first, as I thought it was too mean, and was trying to win the thing over. I gave in after 9 days.

23. Figures a cat could type.

24. Elijah Shalis says:

Any proper cat owner owns a spray bottle. It would have shut that demon cat right up.

25. WilmRoget says: