Dog faints on seeing owner after 2 years away (video)

Oh my God. Adorable video.

This young woman was living and working in Slovenia, and hadn’t been home in two years. When she finally got home, the family’s pet schnauzer went nuts. So nuts in fact, that the dog fainted.

dog-faints

The folks who took the video say the dog went to the vet right after and got a clean bill of health. It simply fainted from the excitement.

So cute.

10 Responses to “Dog faints on seeing owner after 2 years away (video)”

1. EasterBEspino says:

like Andrea answered I can’t believe that a student able to earn $7907 in 1 month on the computer . read this post here googleprojectpay.com

2. Tanya says:

That is a seizure. Excitement does it to animals as well as people. My dog did the same thing on my return from tour. reverse
    diabetes blog

3. LADY MABELINE says:

My two little dogs are the two best little welcome wagons I could ever have. They completely relieve me of stress whenever I get home form work. Dogs are pure love ( with a little mischief).

4. dcinsider says:

I basically get this reaction every night from my two Basset Hounds when I get home from work!

5. HeartlandLiberal says:

In all seriousness, read about the research on dogs knowing when their owners are coming home by Rupert Sheldrake.

I read his entire book, and I am convinced he has demonstrated this phenomenon with controlled, blind tests, all capturing the dogs on tape, beyond any doubt.

As for this video, it brought a tear to my eye, mainly because I was reminded again of our cat who did not come home three years ago, Josephine. One of the smartest, most affectionate cats we have had in over 50 years. If she were to show up, honestly, I am not sure I would not faint. I still look for her sometimes as I drive into the neighborhood, hoping she will, as she always was, be waiting for me in the driveway when I came home from work. I think cats demonstrate some of the sane behaviors Sheldrake has documented.

6. JoeMelrose says:

The most Twilight Zone-y story I’ve ever heard about something like this was a dog who’s owner had moved to Argentina. This happened in my dad’s home town. Many years later, one day the dog went to the end of the dock and sat there all day and nobody could make him budge. That evening, his owner returned on a boat at that dock, which nobody knew would happen because he hadn’t even told his parents or friends that he was coming back. Somehow the dog knew and was there to greet him. My immediate reaction when I heard this story was ‘Yeah, right, good story’, but dozens of people I know saw it happen and vouch that it is absolutely true.

7. Mike_in_the_Tundra says:

Now a cat would have just turned it’s back to them. It has to show it’s outrage at being left alone. After a few hours, the cat will show you how much you were missed.

8. Mike_in_the_Tundra says:

I agree. One of our dogs had a seizure. It was just like that.

9. pricknick says:

10. Colin says:

I love this story. Lewy generally just pees on my foot.