The insouciance that is honey badger (video)

A video of a rather nasty porcupine trying to shoo off a honey badger, who is having none of it.

The insouciance that is honey badger (video)

It’d been a while since I’d seen a porcupine all porcupined up – those quills are amazing (they can pierce aluminum and the skin of a lion, but not the skin of a honey badger.

I also thought of adding that hysterical video the guy did a while ago about the honey badger, but now it’s all just pop-ups – like non-stop pop-ups the entire video – so I’m not embedding that mess. :(

Anyway, enjoy the insouciance that is honey badger

CyberDisobedience on Substack | @aravosis | Facebook | Instagram | LinkedIn. John Aravosis is the Executive Editor of AMERICAblog, which he founded in 2004. He has a joint law degree (JD) and masters in Foreign Service from Georgetown; and has worked in the US Senate, World Bank, Children's Defense Fund, the United Nations Development Programme, and as a stringer for the Economist. He is a frequent TV pundit, having appeared on the O'Reilly Factor, Hardball, World News Tonight, Nightline, AM Joy & Reliable Sources, among others. John lives in Washington, DC. .

17 Responses to “The insouciance that is honey badger (video)”

1. LOL exactly

2. ComradeRutherford says:

The only acknowledgment from the honey badger at all was that it took a couple steps sideways and the porcupine bumped into it.

3. ComradeRutherford says:

The very last shot is priceless. While the porcupine wanders off, the honey badger looks up for the first time and looks around like, “Huh, someone there?”

4. Yeah I’d have titled this “Honey Badger Don’t Give a Fuck” – but I’d be afraid the ads would disappear :)

5. Oh it’s a great word. Comes from French (well, same origins as the French) word “soucis” – which mean “worries” or “concerns.” It’s a pretty word in French, to me at least :)

6. I know! Had he a hand, he would have given that porcupine his palm in face.

7. TheOriginalLiz says:

Wow – that Honey Badger didn’t even acknowledge the interloper.

8. silas1898 says:

Saving it for breakfast later??

9. Get Chutney Love says:

Why waste the energy to fight back? If he wanted to he could probably disembowel the porcupine in 15 seconds or less.

10. citizen_spot says:

After watching that video, I now cannot get Isaac Hayes’ “Theme from Shaft” out of my head. The Honey Badger is a bad MoFo!

11. Tony T says:

Insouciance? That’s a new one for me. :-) Had to look it up. Lack of care or concern; indifference.
    I would not have insouciance if I saw a Porupine!

12. Monoceros Forth says:

“Why isn’t it called the badger of death?” (Richard Hammond)

13. BeccaM says:

Because Honey Badger is eating and as Island said he just don’t give enough of a fuck to bother.

14. henrythefifth says:

Just wondering why the Honey Badger didn’t just bite the porcupine’s f-ing face off.

15. Oh didn’t know that about the pop ups, thanks! And yeah, but funny is hard. I’ve good at retort funny, on tv, responding to someone on the spot – but five minutes of non-stop funny is an entirely other ball game of difficulty :)

16. Island In The Sky says:

Honey Badger don’t care. Honey Badger just plain. Don’t. Give. A. Fuck.

John, it would be AWESOME if you did an impersonation / re-creation of the original “This, is the Honey Badger Crazy Nastyass” video, for this or the original video. DO IT!!!! :)